I'm back!

This is a group of FWLUG members that currently meet for lunch and talk about things Linux.

Moderator: LinuxNative

I'm back!

Postby erroneus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:51 am

Since my trip to Japan (http://www.yacg.com/gallery) this will be my first Linux anything and since Rusty has been busy with his new house (congratulations again Rusty!) this will be the first time I've seen him since he dropped me off at the airport.

I'm bringing my R2D2 USB hub with me for show-n-tell. It's an exclusive purchase I made while attending the Star Wars Celeblation Japan event! (And according to my bank statement, the prize came at a terrific discount from the SRP of this thing when it is offered to the general public!) It's nothing "Linux" but it certainly has geek appeal! (There was also a Darth Vader version of the same device, but who wants to plug things into a sith lord when plugging things into an R2 unit seems much more natural!)

Additionally, I intend to bring my USB powered ethernet switch for anyone who would like to trade files... especially files like Urban Terror 4.1. This is the game I've been playing a lot lately and it's very addictive. It's definitely something that we should play at a regular LUG meeting when we have a gaming event again. (Urban Terror is for Linux, Windows and MacOSX. Is is completelty free and open source. It is based on the Quake3 engine released to the GPL some time back. The download for UrbanTerror41.zip is 750MB and then there are all those custom maps that are used on public servers out there... so you can expect to collect some 2 to 3 gigabytes of stuff to really get playing on this game properly.)

So besides eating a Griff's burger (not available in Japan due to health regulations) what else will we be doing?
erroneus

Re: I'm back!

Postby stack » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 am

Welcome back!
Out of curiosity, any particular reason for going to Japan? Vacation? Family? Ect?

Since you were out, we are changing the meeting time to 10am. We have also changed where we are meeting. So you might want to catch up on all of those posts :D
stack

Re: I'm back!

Postby hronmeer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:20 am

Welcome back, Daniel. I plan on being at LTLUG today, but I'm gonna be running late, as I have to setup a videoconference call at the office at noon. Once that's up and running, I'll head over to Griff's.
hronmeer

Return to Lunch Time Linux Users Group