streamripper - A Praire Home Companion

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

streamripper - A Praire Home Companion

Postby Terry » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 pm

Any Prairie Home Companion fans here?
A neighbor of mine got me re-interested in the show when he told me what a good time he had at one of the "Summer Love" shows at Bass Hall earlier this moth, I realized why I didn't catch the show. Even though it comes on two times each weekend, I seem to be doing other stuff and miss it almost every week. (It plays at 5 pm on Saturday and 10:30 am on Sunday each week, our time.) Anyway, I decided to try and capture it and sure, enough, it's not hard at all. I caught it Saturday at 5 with cron job(s):
01 17 * * sat streamripper http://prairiehome.publicradio.org/play/64.pls
04 19 * * sat pkill streamripper
(The kill job may not be necessary but just wanted to make sure it doesn't just keep on...)
So what you end up with is:
~/Minnesota\ Public\ Radio\ News/Garrison\ Keillor\ -\ A\ Prairie\ Home\ Companion.mp3
And I would assume it will get overwritten next week, so that's perfect. I listened to the show today and will just leave it there and see what happens next week.
</FYI>
Registered Linux User 188099
<><
Terry

Re: streamripper - A Praire Home Companion

Postby glevans2 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:55 am

So.... what happened?
Garen L. Evans, II
++It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.++
glevans2

Re: streamripper - A Praire Home Companion

Postby Terry » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:52 am

Terry wrote:And I would assume it will get overwritten next week, so that's perfect. I listened to the show today and will just leave it there and see what happens next week.
</FYI>

I assumed wrong. It does not over-write. I now have:
Minnesota\ Public\ Radio\ News/Garrison\ Keillor\ -\ A\ Prairie\ Home\ Companion.mp3
and
Minnesota\ Public\ Radio\ News/Garrison\ Keillor\ -\ A\ Prairie\ Home\ Companion\ \(1\).mp3
Registered Linux User 188099
<><
Terry

Return to FWLUG General Discussions