Windows 8 will prevent you from installing Linux!!?

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Windows 8 will prevent you from installing Linux!!?

Postby maczimus » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:31 am

WHAT!?!?!

[url]http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/09/microsoft-attempt-address-windows-8-linux-worries/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28OMG%21+Ubuntu%21%29&utm_content=Google+Reader
[/url]
maczimus

Re: Windows 8 will prevent you from installing Linux!!?

Postby Terry » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Well, if they think that is a selling point or in any way, worthwhile, they're nuts.

It is kind of like the little stickers they put on the backs of some of the new PCs we saw in the stores a while back. (Not sure, but I think most PC manufactures gave up on THAT stupid idea, didn't they?). You know what I I'm talking about, Right? The little sticker that said something like "Warranty Void of broken or removed" and it was half on the back and half on the side cover you'd want to take off in order to look inside or to add or change out one of the PC adapter cards. I just thought that was ridiculous. It's kind of like buying a car with the hood wielded shut - the first thing I would do is look under the hood, (or try to), and when the salesman says, "You can't do that." I'd say, "Well, good luck with that! I'm outta here!"
Registered Linux User 188099
<><
Terry

Return to FWLUG General Discussions