RAID recovery for a church in the DFW area.

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

RAID recovery for a church in the DFW area.

Postby stack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey guys.

Before I left the DFW area I did a lot of tech support for various companies. It seems that one of my customers gave my name out to a church. Unfortunately, I am in no position to help while in the OKC area. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to lend their services. I know that several of the members have done tech support for companies before and possibly might be interested in another customer.

The basic jest of things is that they had a server running a software RAID. After a power outage the box rebooted and thought it needed to do a recovery install. It seems that the RAID was rebuilt. I am thinking, that if they are REALLY lucky, then someone could run testdisk against the drive and recover the old partition table. If you can get the partition table for 2 of the 3 drives, then recovering from the RAID itself should be kinda easy. Possibly a stretch but....who knows. Guess it depends on what kind of a rebuild the RAID did, really.

Anyway, if you are interested send me an email/PM.

Also, just in case I have not made myself clear enough before....RAID is NOT a backup! :P
Product Keys? Imaginary Property rights? Digital Restriction Management?
These things confuse me and I have no need for them for I run Debian Linux!
stack

Re: RAID recovery for a church in the DFW area.

Postby stack » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:11 pm

Got it taken care of. Thanks to those that emailed me!
Product Keys? Imaginary Property rights? Digital Restriction Management?
These things confuse me and I have no need for them for I run Debian Linux!
stack

Return to FWLUG General Discussions