Got my new netbook

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Got my new netbook

Postby maczimus » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Got my new System76 Netbook and plan on bringing it to the next meeting. Only thing that has me befuddled is the built in wireless is flaky without the "system 76" driver. whatever it does fixes it but aside from that....what is up with all the bad press and postings of problems with karmic koala? aside from the wireless and suspend not working on my netbook (because they don't have the driver built for it yet) it seems to be working fine....thinking about going back to 9.04 for now though although i am loving the new interface with UNR. anybody try the new moblin remix or having problems with karmic? someone even posted Karmic Koala = Windows Vista?? wow....amazing... apparently there are many that have BAD karma...
maczimus

Re: Got my new netbook

Postby Randy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:09 am

I'm running the 64-bit Karmic Koala on my desktop, at work. I have not encountered any real problems as of yet. There is a minor one with npviewer.bin crashing. It's there to allow the 32-bit Flash plug-in to work since there is not a native 64-bit binary from Adobe.

It does seem much faster than 9.04, though...
-- Randy
Randy
Site Admin

Re: Got my new netbook

Postby maczimus » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:19 pm

check dis out....

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/64bit.html

adobe has been working out 64 bit flash player...some say it is much faster than the 32bit for obvious reasons but for linux none the less..
maczimus

Return to FWLUG General Discussions