Microsoft "educates" Best Buy employees of Linux weaknesses

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Microsoft "educates" Best Buy employees of Linux weaknesses

Postby hronmeer » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:08 am

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/09/05/195219/Microsoft-Attacks-Linux-With-Retail-Training-Talking-Points?art_pos=6

DesiVideoGamer writes "Over at Overclock.net, a user has posted screen-shots from Microsoft's 'ExpertZone' training course entitled 'Linux vs. Windows 7.' This course is available to BestBuy employees and will make them eligible for a $10 copy of Windows 7 upon completion." The screenshots linked show at least some creative interpretations of the state of Linux vs. Windows on a wide range of things, from media playback and video conferencing to ease of updates to (of all things) keeping your PCs "safer." Most of the claims, though, aren't concrete enough to be perfectly refuted. Writes DesiVideoGamer, "I think I now know why, when I enter BestBuy, the employees say the odd lies that they do."

Yet more reason not to like Microsoft. They are now actively trying to "educate" Best Buy employees on how "superior" Windows 7 is supposed to be to Linux. Not even to prior Windows releases, but specifically to Linux. Unfortunately, the screenshots weren't available when I tried to look at them, but the poster makes references to what some of them are about.

Feel free to vent.
hronmeer

Re: Microsoft "educates" Best Buy employees of Linux weaknesses

Postby glavanway » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 am

We should boycott Microsoft! LOL
glavanway

Return to FWLUG General Discussions