Southpark Solitaire

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Southpark Solitaire

Postby erroneus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:49 am

If you play the GNOME games solitaire or other card games and you like Southpark, you are in for a treat! I started this project because I have a friend who likes to play Southpark solitaire... it's a Windows game. He plays it under WINE. The game is abysmal but he likes the Southpark theme.

I decided that I would one-up the Southpark solitaire by creating a Southpark themed card set. It was easy at first but eventually became increasingly difficult due to scarce graphic resources. After all, the intent was to just change the faces on the cards with Southpark characters... well anyway... the card set is 90% done... still have some other details and I am open to suggestion on using different characters, rearranging the characters or any other suggestion for that matter.

The card set is located here:

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/File:SouthparkCards.svg

On Fedora, the file should be placed in /usr/share/gnome-games-common/cards

Not sure about other distros. Have a look, see what you think. Comments welcome.
erroneus

Re: Southpark Solitaire

Postby Davemon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:30 am

Cute.

Maybe have one suite full of evil character. Satan, Cartman, Sadam, Mechagodzilla. Or Manbearpig or Crabpeople.

One with clueless people like Jakovasorous, Timmy, Butters, Offcier Barbrady, or Al Gore. Often called the idiot suite.

One deck of the boys....

One of the main adults....

Here's a link of characters.

http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Characters

Davemon
Davemon

Re: Southpark Solitaire

Postby erroneus » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:09 am

An interesting idea Dave. I just couldn't resist having the three gayest people in southpark being "queens" as you may have noticed. As to why I made the other selections I did, it was partly a scattered set of reasons. For example, Chef as the King of hearts. Thought it was appropriate since he was quite the love expert. And where Stan was the Ace of Spades (main character) Wendy was queen because they were together. Token is Jack because he is between the two and in more recently, Wendy dumps Stan for Token. The other character selections were more like "fill in the blank" but I knew I wanted Jesus and Satan in there somewhere. And I wanted it to be ironic, so Satan was smiling and just standing there while "the prince of peace" has a gun and a knife, ready for battle.

I would be happy to show you how to use Inkscape to rearrange the characters on the cards to your liking. It's rather trivial. I could also show you how I created many of the characters since many of them existed or were only available in rather small bitmap format. Once you get the techniques and methods down, it becomes a bunch of steps and things to make things happen. Certainly no talent was involved in the creation of this.
erroneus

Return to FWLUG General Discussions