Custom made Tshirts??

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Custom made Tshirts??

Postby stack » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:25 am

Since we already have someone willing to make shirts for us, would anyone know what they would charge to make other designs?

Everyone knows I am a Debian guy and that Lenny is about to be released. Well the Debian team is asking for suggestions on slogans. I saw this and knew I had to have it on a shirt.
:lol:
So now I am trying to find places that will put that on a shirt for me for a decent price.
stack

Re: Custom made Tshirts??

Postby stack » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 am

Doh!

Forgot to mention that there is a poll up in case you want to vote. The caption in the pic is different then in the poll, but close enough (I think I like the pic slogan better but that's me).

http://www.debianart.org/contest/lenny-slogan.html

[EDIT]
Also, this pic is not backed by the Debian team and is in no way official (yet...fingers crossed). It looks like a quick photoshop someone did (can tell by the Slogan being misaligned.....not going to say the meme...not going to say the meme...ok I am...and because I have seen quite a few shops in my time....)

Anyway, I still want it on a shirt.
stack

Postby stack » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:11 am

The misspelling bothered my wife and the alignment bothered me...so me and my near-non-existent gimp skills attempted a fix.

However, the best I could do was copy the text and repaste it a little straighter (don't think it is perfect, but it looks better to me). And the only way I know how to fix the spelling was to copy other letters and paste them over the bad ones...Maybe someone who knows a bit more can make it look nicer (how the heck to do measure for proper alignment?? I attempted to use my mouse cursor but there still is a bigger gap on the right side)...

still want this on a shirt...
stack

Postby JohnThree16 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:01 pm

Most t-shirt makers will want you to order at least 20+ shirts so they can recoup their cost and will charge $10-12 a shirt. I know someone in my church that I can recommend to you if you are interested. Another alternative is you can go to Hobby Lobby and buy those printable iron package. Think they come 5 to a package, you can pick out your color t-shirt. Hanes at one time had a free program that you could download. (Flip the image in Gimp) Print off the image onto the iron-on and iron on the tshirt. Cost you about $7-10. If you want to go that route, I have a couple of iron-ons for dark t-shirts.
JohnThree16

Return to FWLUG General Discussions