Post meeting feedback for Oct 13.

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Post meeting feedback for Oct 13.

Postby shultzjr » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Hi all,

The presentation went well. Maybe I am getting old or maybe I should just sit a little closer but I was wishing that the one screen we were using was a little larger. I hope the A/C is fixed/installed by the next meeting although the temps should start coming down in general. I was still "sweating like a pig". The presentation was interesting enough that I think I will give SME Server 8 a try. I counted about 16 people at the meeting with one female. There was a signup sheet but if it was anything like a regular process everyone doesn't usually sign. They moved our meeting to "the other" room. With all this moving around we should forget about doing the network wiring in the building and develop a wireless node that can act as a gateway so that no matter where we are we can still be on the Internet. Randy presented several color schemes that people have suggested and we voted for one. Looks like the website updating process is making progress. Randy promised a presentation on Joomla but not right away since he needs more time with it, understandable. AI heard that Rustys' truck got broken into and I hope that all turns out well. Seems lots of people brought projectors. Since the meeting officially starts at 10:00am and my drive takes an hour and since it takes a while to load the car and get up and get dressed, that means I need to start by no later than 7:30am not including my email time. That's pretty early for a computer person like me. I was wondering if we could postpone the meeting until 11:00am that way we would be out by noon since most of the meetings are running/should run about an hour? Any other ideas on this? I have not been there early enough to see just how many people are showing up for breakfast, anyone? No one thought to bring an extra crt/monitor or two so Randy had to give his help to the guy with the dual boot XP/Kubuntu machine configuration problem with the overhead pojector.

later......
shultzjr

Return to FWLUG General Discussions