Loose ramblings and Sept 13th?

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Loose ramblings and Sept 13th?

Postby shultzjr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 am

I counted 21 people at the meeting, pretty good. Stack had some problems with the presentation computer but he was able to successfully get around them. Because of this I went out into the main room and met a guy named Loni who said he could officially ok our wiring needs. Turns out that even though the presidents office has a wire going into it, it has a short in it and therefore is non-functional. I volunteered to bring some wire if he would let us wire "our" presentation room and he was happy to do it. He said he had plenty of ladders and I was hoping we could come up with someone short and skinny to help with the roof/ceiling work, I am scared of heights. The difficult part will be running the wires through the wall that separates the old part of the building and the new part. There is supposed to be a whole through which the wires can be run. Once we get the wire run to our room we can add a switch/router/another wifi if we like. That would make the networking a lot easier for us. I am willing to donate the wire/connectors/etc... for the cause. Maybe we could do it after a main meeting? It seemed that there were only 3 other people in the other room. One thing we should remember to bring to the next meeting is long heavy duty power extension cords and power strips. A presentation I have been thinking about is remote administration. For this it would be nice to have two projectors set up at the same time so the audience could see both computers (client/server) at the same time. I think we have enough stuff to cover this. I saw somewhere that someone else was talking about a different presentation, I hope randy gets to post about Sept 13th? pretty soon. Anything happening with the color choices?

later.....
shultzjr

Re: Loose ramblings and Sept 13th?

Postby LinuxNative » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:42 am

I will bring another projector. It is our "spare" projector. :wink:
LinuxNative

Postby Randy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:03 pm

Of course, we always have "Murphy's projector"... I bring that every meeting! :)
-- Randy
Randy
Site Admin

Postby shultzjr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:00 pm

the presenter for the next meeting could use both to show both the client and server side on the wall at the same time. some other good things to bring would be extension cables for the mice and keyboards.

later....
shultzjr

Postby LinuxNative » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:48 am

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse, if we need it.
LinuxNative

Return to FWLUG General Discussions