Last Saturdays' meeting on the 12th.

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Last Saturdays' meeting on the 12th.

Postby shultzjr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 pm

We learned much, the website will be built/converted to joomla according to randy and terry. Several new color schemes were proposed. I liked and think it would be easy to do black/white/green. We could have a linux penguin lying down with big letters across the top FWLUG in green, size of the icon variable so as to be easily put anywhere. Sounds like there is no storage space for the group so if I create a repository/iso box, I'll have to lug it to every meeting. An alternative meeting time was presented, maybe starting at 10am instead of 1pm. To me it doesn't really matter I'll just have to wake up a little earlier. At $3.50 to $4.50 for the morning breakfasts from 8a to 10a they don't sound too bad, mostly meat but I think they could modify a bit for a vegatarian, lacto/ovo. The wiring job they talked about last month didn't really materialize. Turns out the president already has a wire in her office. There was another computer problem they mentioned but some relative of a member was going to address that with Internet/LAN over Power. We'll see.

later,
charles.....
shultzjr

Re: Last Saturdays' meeting on the 12th.

Postby Randy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm

I'll confirm a few items here. The meeting time has been changed to 10:00am. Stack will do the August presentation, I believe. We should be meeting in the smaller meeting room instead of the banquet hall. Everyone is invited to create and submit a new logo for the group. And... Hopefully, I'll have the projector working by then so we can vote on any of the submitted colours and logos. We should really work the colour end of things first.
-- Randy
Randy
Site Admin

Postby stack » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:06 am

If you want to do the networking over the power, then take a look at these:
http://shop2.frys.com/product/5596790;j ... IN_RSLT_PG

I have heard they work rather well if your wiring is properly done (eg: some old houses with bad wiring have troubles with these). Plus they are all on sale this Wed-Thu (16th-17th of July ) for 20$.

Also, I am planning on doing the meeting next month. In fact I am doing the write up for Randy right now. :)

[EDIT] I forgot to mention, if we want to do the meeting early then that is fine by me. However, I would /really/ prefer it to not be earlier then 10am (meeting start time). However, for those who want breakfast that would work out just perfectly cause they could finish eating and go straight to the meeting. Just my 2 cents.
stack

Postby shultzjr » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:01 pm

Networking over Power is something the vfw is looking into to solve some of their problems. Would be interesting.

charles.....
shultzjr

Postby David Miller » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Looking forward to next months meeting.

I will still try to come to the meetings but having them at 10am makes it less likely that I will make it if I stay up late that friday night. The building was good, I used to repair those 8-liner machines, and there were several vfw halls that we serviced so it was familiar territory for me.
David Miller

Return to FWLUG General Discussions