Zimbra ZCS

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Zimbra ZCS

Postby tenmei » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:16 am

I was wondering if any of the fine members of FWLUG had personal experience with Zimbra. I needed a Linux mail server to replace a Windows setup that was unmanageable. I've looked at and worked with several different approaches but none wrapped everything up in such a nice package.

So far I really like Zimbra. Anyone else tried it?
Will - Registered Linux User #472082
tenmei

Re: Zimbra ZCS

Postby stack » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:04 am

Fraid I have not done more then just light tinkering with it. Thats another project on my "Do This" list. If you want to build a small setup and mess around with it, I would be glad to join in and help. I am going out of town this weekend, but I can certainly schedual some time after this weekend to lend what I can.
stack

Re: Zimbra ZCS

Postby tenmei » Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 pm

So. A year later and I'm coming back to last year's posting about Zimbra. I have a server that's been cast out by a former friend and partner. Ubuntu 6.06, with Zimbra and maybe 20-25 mail accounts. I have it at a very temporary home but I need ideas. You see, I may be here on the island for a while and I don't have anyone in Fort Worth to be my hands. The island? Oh I am currently on Roatan, just north of Honduras, Central America. Why? Why not? It's beautiful here. The lights are on, most of the time. The internet connection I'm using is a pretty stable 24 kbps, and it only goes off once or twice a week. Right now the water is off, but the lights and internet are on!

Anyone have an interest in helping with a very polite, hardly noticeable Linux mail server that just wants an IP and a modicum of electricity? I will be trying to migrate everything to a virtual dynamic server at GoDaddy, or if another idea is presented, finding another solution. My clients are few but they definitely like using Zimbra and Zimbra Desktop, except when it's down!

Thanks for listening!
Will - Registered Linux User #472082
tenmei

Return to FWLUG General Discussions