RD Ram

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

RD Ram

Postby stack » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:54 pm

Last time we had various sticks of RD ram and a couple of people saying they needed some. Well if things go right I will have another system that uses RD ram for donation to whoever can put it to good use (all I know about it so far is that its a p4, i do not know how much memory it will have). I will also be bringing what little RD ram I have. If anyone else can bring their spare sticks of RD ram maybe we can trade out so we can all get something useful.

I know I have a couple of sticks that are good but do not have pairs. I need one working pair and then I can give up the rest of mine and hopefully help someone else.
stack

Re: RD Ram

Postby Davemon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:21 pm

I'll be bringing alot of hardware to trade and sell.

Davemon
Davemon

Re: RD Ram

Postby stack » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Excellent! Well I got the stats on that box and extra Rambus memory.
Its a Micron PC (wtf? they actually sold a computer??) P4 1.4. It has a sound card on the motherboard and a nvidia geforce2mx 200 video card (AGP). It has a basic cdrom drive and a cd burner. As with all the stuff I get...it has no hard drive :cry: (though I probably would have yanked it if it had...I could use one)
It came with 2x64MB Rambus memory in the system (it has 4 slots)

I also was able to get a couple more sticks of Rambus memory and was able to get 2x256MB sticks that this box works with.

I also have a single 128/8 stick and a single 256/16 ECC stick. Since I don't have pairs for them I can't test them.

Like I said before I just need one working pair so I will probably just yank the 256mb pair that is there unless someone is willing to trade all this for a pair of 512MB's :-D

*crickets*

No? Oh well. Whoever wants it can have it. I don't have a use for it and I hate seeing good equipment gathering dust and not being used. If you want to make a monetary donation to a new drive, I won't refuse though :wink: :wink: (I had a older 40GB IDE drive go out on me and I am looking to replace it with a bigger SATA drive...just waiting on the next paycheck :?...that and a good sale at Frys/Newegg :D )

Also, I got my hands on a couple of 2.4Ghz Celeron HP's. However they got picked over before I got to them. No HD's (again same as always from my source). Basic CDROM. One has 128mb PC 2700 memory and the other has 256MB PC 2100 memory. I think I have a spare 128MB of 2700 but I am almost positive I don't have the 2100.

Last but not least (Ha! I lied...it probably is...) I got a Dell Optiplex p3 866mhz with 256mb ram...

So yeah, whoever wants to lay claim to em...

*edit: just looked through the memory and I dont see any spare 2700 and I do have 3x128MB 2100 but its all laptop memory. Anyone want? Also Knoppix boots on both those HPs so it looks like the hardware is good.
stack

Return to FWLUG General Discussions