Retro-Games Fest

General questions regarding Linux.

Moderators: Terry, FWLUG Administrator

Retro-Games Fest

Postby glevans2 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:18 pm

I would like to see if there is any interest in having a retro-games festival. If you do, what games would you like to see. I am thinking of early games like 'ZORK' or 'One Must Fall : 2097'. Games like the original UT might be considered based on interest.

Let me know.
Garen L. Evans, II
++It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.++
glevans2

Postby LinuxNative » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:53 pm

Quake... the original quake would ROCK! *rock hands*
LinuxNative

Postby TexWebslinger » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:19 pm

I'm happy to supply the place, if you guys supply the pizza :) and drinks :) DON't forget the clean up! Let's do this in the fall & spring months so that the utilities will be low :) For that matter, I suppose that the winter months would be lowest of all, since the equipment will be the heaters :)

I'm for mini classes as well, if someone has an desire to take a few get togethers to detail teach whatever...Like a once a week thing for 3 weeks per topic???
Thanks
Wayne

PS
Please submit your favorite, web page, mail digest, or other linux "notes/tips", for a Linux Link page.
Its not fancy, but it will not drop the information, until the link becomes invalid.
www.TexWebslinger.com/~linux/
TexWebslinger

Retro Game Event

Postby bboyer » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:29 pm

Quake is always good. I heard they have a Zork multi-player version as well. Tremulous is pretty good since its multi-platform -- even our Mac brethren can join in.
bboyer

Return to FWLUG General Discussions